Saturday, April 10, 2010

I know I said I wouldn't do it again but here's another video.

This blog's menu:

Whole Herb Roasted Chicken
Roasted Red Bliss Potato
Garlic Green Beans
So it turns out 20 min covered and 20 min uncovered was no correct.  What I forgot about was in professional kitchens we have Convection ovens and most houses have Convention ovens.  The difference between a convection oven and a convention oven is that convection ovens have a fan that circulates the hot air around the oven, which cooks the food faster whereas convention ovens is just still air in the oven.  So what I suggest is...

- Set the oven to 425ยบ
- Roast for 30 min with foil on and then 30 min with foil off.

Also a big factor in the cooking time is the size of the bird. The chickens I had were about 3-4lb chickens.

And now for the sides.  
First you want to start with the potatoes because they'll take longer than the greens beans to cook. Cut the potatoes into whatever shape you want. I split mine down the middle twice and then across once.
Next toss the potatoes with some oil, salt, pepper, and whatever seasoning you desire (I just happened to have some garlic and Italian seasoning) and lay onto a baking sheet.  You can put these in with the chicken at 425 degrees at the last 20 min of the cooking of the chicken so they both come out together.

Now for the green beans.  Just to save yourself some time I would blanch (partially cook) the green beans.  You don't want to cook them all the way through.  I would boil the green beans for about 2-3 minutes.  

Taste one after 2 minutes and if they still have a little crunch to it, take them out of the boiling water into an ice bath.  This stop the green beans from cooking anymore.
After this all you have to do is saute with a little butter and garlic and you're golden! This should be the last thing you cook because it'll take about a minute to get them hot again with the butter and garlic.

And here are the rest of the pictures.  Some of them suck because I was really hungry and wanted to eat but wanted to please my readers at the same time.  Enjoy!
bien manger
-cwis

5 comments:

  1. i love you...and your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuckkk that looks good. key to a good cook is someone that can make a simple roasted chicken good!

    also, i see appa. he looks huge

    ReplyDelete
  3. My uncle trussed his chicken with string and never took the damn string off...i ended up eating the string..and pulling about 1 foot of string out of my ass a few days later. True story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. puhaha..michelle was your camera bitch...lol...bad term

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it ! I 'm going to have this for dinner tomorrow.
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete